Deadline for resume and cover letter submissions is Friday 8/24 @ 9pm!
Mana Maoli is a nonprofit, serving primarily Native Hawaiian youth and communities via community, culture, and environment-based education. Are you looking to make money AND make a difference?
Mana Maoli is looking to create a new position to compliment and leverage the strengths of existing team members. We are looking to hire 1 full-time or 2 part-time positions. Depending on your skills and background, youʻd be fulfilling duties of a Project Assistant, Project Coordinator, or a mix, and starting pay would be between $12 and $20/hour. Read on for details.
Available Position(s): Mana Mele Project Coordinator and/or Project Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Starting at $12-20/hr, depending on relevant skills and experience
Hours: PT or FT, flexible
Location: Palolo (up to 2 days/wk remote after 1st month)
Kuleana: This position supports our Mana Mele Project and Mana Maoli as an organization. Examples of tasks and responsibilities for this position may include items listed below*. Note – We will consider our applicants strengths and qualifications. Whatever of below cannot or should not be handled by the selected applicant will be covered by other team members.
- Seeking and facilitating student off-campus internship opportunities
- Planning and coordinating college/career support services for high school students at our partner schools
- Instructor support (may include pickup/dropoff of kumu deliverables, classroom visits for observation and documentation, refining curriculum, consulting with kumu about curriculum, drafting and improving instructor deliverables)
- Communication (calls, emails, drafting memos), scheduling and other logistics
- Event planning and coordination
- Pricing, negotiation, purchasing
- Inventory, database, filing, tracking/logging
- Data collection and analysis
- Systems improvement and maintenance
- Assist with preparing grant proposals and reports
- Assist with developing and utilizing outreach tools (includes website and social media updates)
- Social media and website – maintenance, preparing photo/video content
- Preparing and tracking contracts and other legal agreements
- Donor development
Top traits that are especially important in the person we hire:
- Flexible (can adapt to changes in kuleana and work around deadlines)
- Values learning
- Values quality
- Strong communication skills
Bonus traits, skills, backgrounds:
- Hawaiian language and culture
- Graphic design
- Grant writing and/or management
How to apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please title your resume and cover letter files as shown below:
- FirstName LastName Resume.docx
- FirstName LastName Cover Letter.docx
The email subject heading should read as follows, personalized with your name:
Project Coordinator Application – FirstName LastName
In your cover letter, please include:
- Experiences and skills related to any of the kuleana listed above
- The low, high and ideal number of hours per week you are hoping for
*We are listing all possible examples of job duties, but specific kuleana and job title are to be decided with the rest of the leadership team upon hiring and determining relative strengths and interests. We feel this process allows us to select the strongest addition(s) to our team and have their areas of kuleana most closely match their skillsets and qualifications.
In accordance with Mana Maoli employment policy, candidates for this position may be subject to a criminal background check.
Also, please help us spread the word by passing this announcement along to your ʻohana and friends. Mahalo nui loa!