Mana Maoli is open to full or part-time hours for 2 of these 3 positions, to join our existing Program Leadership Team in collectively handling all program related kuleana for 20 partner schools across 3 islands, including administrative, programmatic and professional development support for our kumu/mentors, planning school and program wide services and events, data collection/reporting, and more.
- Planning, coordination, management and support of program aspects of MM projects, including:
- Year-long and short-term music & multimedia mentorships
- Artist & Mobile Studio School Visits
- Off-Campus Internships in the Creative Industries
- Data collection, documentation, analysis
- Plan/implement Professional Development for kumu/mentors
- Serve as point person for communications/meetings with kumu/mentors, school administrators, and other partners
- Collect, track and review kumu/mentor deliverables, logs, invoices
- Logistical Class Support (Virtual Platforms, etc.)
- Update resources and information on Mana Mele kumu website
- Event support – logistics, communication, on-site support
Program Assistant, Coordinator and Specialist positions can all kōkua with the kuleana above.
In addition, a Program Specialist would focus on:
- Class Observation & Visits
- Curriculum Development – including project rubrics
A Program Assistant or Coordinator would have the following additional kuleana:
- Maintain, update, file program-related documents
- Events – Planning & Logistics
- Hōʻike (class/school performances) – photos/videos, track attendance
- HR Support – W9, signed contracts, unemployment
- Manage program team email account, including drafting & sending messages
- Assist with finding substitutes and coverage for Mana Mele kumu as needed
- Ordering program supplies and tracking related budget/expenses
- College degree (AA or higher for Assistant, and BA or higher for Coordinator/Specialist) and/or experience related to administration, project management, and/or education (2+ yrs for Assistant, 5+ years for Coordinator, 12+ years for Specialist)
- Highly organized, i.e. able to quickly prioritize tasks, proficient in task management
- Strong desire to work with Hawaiian community in a Hawaiian cultural context and engage with youth
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Daytime availability
- Excellent people skills – able to work with a wide range of people and learning styles
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi and/or various aspects of Hawaiian culture
- Experience teaching and/or working with youth, especially Hawaiian and low-income youth
- Networks related to the fundraising and/or implementation of the Mana Mele Project
- Skills and experience related to 1 or more of the 4 areas of mentorship – music, engineering, video production and communications (TV, radio, news)
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Coordinator/Specialist positions:
- Experience managing projects that serve youth via culture-based and/or music/multimedia focused programs
- Experience/Leadership with any of the following: fundraising, grant-writing/management/ reporting, outreach/PR/marketing
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Specialist position:
- Strong background in Curriculum, Assessment and/or Professional Development, especially in culture-based education
Mana Maoli is a nonprofit, serving primarily Native Hawaiian youth and communities via community, culture, and environment-based education. Our #ManaMele Project does this via a Music/Multimedia Academy, a solar 4-in-1 mobile studio, and a collective of over 200 ʻcreative industriesʻ professionals (music, audio engineering, video, communications). All open positions are in support of the Mana Mele Project.
In accordance with Mana Maoli employment policy, candidates for this position may be subject to a criminal background check.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to recruitment @ manamaoli.org. Please name your resume and cover letter files as shown below.
- FirstName LastName Resume.docx/.doc/.pdf
- FirstName LastName Cover Letter.docx/.doc/.pdf
The email subject heading should read as follows, personalized with your name:
Mana Maoli Application – FirstName LastName – Acronym of position(s) applying for, i.e.
- Mana Maoli Application – Mary Kealoha – PC, PA, Mentor
Please help us spread the word by passing this announcement along to your `ohana and friends.
Mahalo nui loa!